Spring! It is just around the corner and you can get ahead of your vehicle's maintenance spring cleaning with these tips.
- Check Your Vehicle's Fluids - There are six fluids you should check. Check these regularly to ensure proper vehicle function and longevity! Make a schedule and always watch out for unusual noises, odors, or vibrations:
- Engine oil
- Coolant (Antifreeze)
- Power steering fluid
- Brake fluid
- Transmission fluid (in an automatic transmission vehicle, not a manual)
- Windshield washer fluid.
- Replace Your Wiper Blades - It is recommended that you change your wiper blades every 6-12 months. Windshield wipers are made from rubber which is degradable and becomes less effective and deteriorates over time. Spring is a great time to change out your wipers, get into the habit of checking your wipers regularly, and know what signs to look out for as they begin to wear out.
- Get An Oil Change - Most vehicles should have their oil changed every 3,000 miles or three months. Every car is different, but new vehicles usually require a change of oil every 6,000 miles or six months. Consider a high-mileage oil for older vehicles. Check your owner's handbook for specific guidelines.
- Check The Quality Of Your Tires - Doing a quick tire check can help ward off roadside emergencies. Some things to periodically check for on your vehicle's tires are the tread depth, tire pressure, and any damage or conditions that would warrant their replacement. Look at the tread and sidewalls for any punctures, cuts, scrapes, bulges, bumps, or cracks.
Spring months can certainly play with our emotions on warm days and frosty nights and be all over the board, but you can stay in control of how to better prepare for our next season, Spring.
These 4 tips can help you get in the spring fever without getting too ahead of yourself and keep your vehicle performing at its best.
Contact me today if you want to be driving a new car this spring!
[USER FULL NAME]